Looking for an Easier Way to Render Secant and Contiguous Piles?
By Peter Woodcock
Director, ECON Polyurethanes
Customer/Prospect Problem: Many of you will be familiar with the challenges associated with using Shotcrete on secant and contiguous pile constructions. Cost, dust and wastage are the obvious concerns. In many cases site access can cause additional difficulties particularly in congested cities and towns.
Many of our customers are now using WALLTITE as an alternative to more traditional shotcrete applications. Versatility and ease of application make WALLTITE a real alternative.
In this article we look at the following;
- What is WALLTITE?
- How is WALLTITE Applied?
- What Standards Does WALLTITE Meet? or What Tests has WALLTITE Undergone?
- What are the Advantages of WALLTITE?
- How Can ECON Polyurethanes Help You with Insulation Decisions?
1) What is WALLTITE?
BASF WALLTITE is a high density, rigid polyurethane spray foam insulation that can be used in place of shotcrete on secant and contiguous pile constructions.
WALLTITE is manufactured by BASF at their site in Derbyshire. BASF is the world’s leading chemical company and largest producer of polyurethane coatings and insulation materials.
2) How is WALLTITE Applied?
WALLTITE is applied in liquid state to the face of the pile construction and forms a high strength foam that cures rapidly to give a reliable and robust surface. A waterproof membrane is subsequently fixed in the normal way.
3) What Standards Does WALLTITE Meet?
BASF WALLTITE rigid polyurethane foam is BBA and NSAI approved, has undergone additional tensile and compressive strength testing and has demonstrated the performance required to be considered an alternative to more traditional shotcrete applications.
4) What are the Advantages of WALLTITE?
- WALLTITE is an ideal product for city centre sites with tight access and minimal storage areas.
- WALLTITE is applied by trained and accredited spray foam applicators.
- WALLTITE application equipment is compact and versatile.
- WALLTITE raw materials are packaged in 250 kg drums which can be easily stored and transported throughout site.
Like to find out more about WALLTITE?
Call us on IRL +353 (1) 4019729 or UK +44 (0) 1233 229500 or email Peter at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would to discuss your insulation project.
5) How Can ECON Polyurethanes Help You with Insulation Decisions?
ECON Polyurethanes Can Help You With:
- U-Value Calculations
- Condensation Risk Analysis
- Psi Calculations, Build Details
- CPD Seminars
- Cost Guidance,
- Product Suitability
- Regulation Compliance
- CAD and PDF drawings specific to your build.
Talk to Us
Call us on UK +44 (0) 1233 229500 or IRL +353 (1) 4019729 or email Peter at email@example.com if you would to discuss your insulation project.
If you would like to receive these updates to your inbox, sign up for our newsletter here https://econ-pu.com/
Follow our LinkedIn Company Page here.
©ECON Polyurethanes. This document is intended to be a general guide only.
About ECON Polyurethanes
ECON Polyurethanes is the exclusive UK and Ireland distributor of BASF construction polyurethanes. From our offices in Dublin and Kent, we coordinate the specification and application of BASF manufactured polyurethane spray, injection and specialist coatings through a network of accredited contracting companies.
Share this post